Your Damn Roads!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ride in the best lane and get over if someone is passing..................... Easy peasy. Law says slower traffic keep right. If you give up the lane no one will mess with ya.
It is there for the self centered who drive beside someone for 20 miles cause you know , they are the speed auditors.
Between OKC and Shawnee used to be a nightmare until they finally made another lane most of the way.

giphy.gif

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like most of Oklahoma divided highways, you'll love The Westbound Cimarron Turnpike around highway 99. The mechanical bull at the local Honky Tonk bar got nothing on that stretch.

They FINALLY fixed the bouncy stretch over the bridges for the Kilpatrick on the west side of OKC.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ride in the best lane and get over if someone is passing..................... Easy peasy. Law says slower traffic keep right. If you give up the lane no one will mess with ya.
It is there for the self centered who drive beside someone for 20 miles cause you know , they are the speed auditors.
Between OKC and Shawnee used to be a nightmare until they finally made another lane most of the way.

Actually the law says the left lane is for passing and that riding in it and not passing traffic for a specified distance is illegal. One officer cited 2 miles. Just thought you would like to know.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defending comments from a Californian, I feel like the preacher in Blazing Saddles, defending the new sheriff from the mob (until they shoot right through his Bible and then he says, "You're on your own!").

But the man has a point. Oklahoma has some of the sorriest roads in the country. I've ever seen gravel roads in other states in better shape than the PAVED roads here.
The first time I drove through Nichols Hills, I thought WTH, these obviously rich folks get the same roads the poor folks get???
I told a born and bred Okie one time that in this state, you'd never know that asphalt is a petroleum product. You would think it was made from some rare mineral or something. And they just laughed like hell.

Well, if Oklahoma had the taxes Kalifornia has, the roads would probably be a wee-bit nicer.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst around Tulsa is where 169 Ties into Creek TP Extension that 2 mile bridge is like a roller coaster. Why that contractor was ever paid is beyond my realm of thinking.

I will also say the way we go about road work is asinine. OKC is the worst on I-35 lets shut down 2 or 3 lanes for miles ahead so they can do a minor repair.

Also all the major cities I have been to do work at night only. Only let major highways be worked on at night and incentivize them to get done early. When they fixed the I-40 bridge I thought they were done 3 or 4 weeks early and got a major bonus for each day they were ahead. Then if you miss your deadline. Guess what? penalties.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst around Tulsa is where 169 Ties into Creek TP Extension that 2 mile bridge is like a roller coaster. Why that contractor was ever paid is beyond my realm of thinking.

I will also say the way we go about road work is asinine. OKC is the worst on I-35 lets shut down 2 or 3 lanes for miles ahead so they can do a minor repair.

Also all the major cities I have been to do work at night only. Only let major highways be worked on at night and incentivize them to get done early. When they fixed the I-40 bridge I thought they were done 3 or 4 weeks early and got a major bonus for each day they were ahead. Then if you miss your deadline. Guess what? penalties.

My kids love that stretch of highway! It definitely gets your attention. It's insane how bad it is

Latest posts

Top Bottom