Your fireplace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a friendly suggestion: if you get good hardwoods, they burn hotter and last longer. That bodark will eat up a chainsaw, but good Lord it will stay HOT a LONG time.

We always keep a pot of water boiling on top of the wood stove to keep the inside air from drying out too much. There's also a ceiling fan where the bedroom wall used to be and we use that to pull warm air back down. Once we get the fire good and hot to where the bodark or other oaks will burn, we generally only have 3-4 logs in there (depending on size) and can get the whole trailer to about 65F (90F within a few feet of the stove). Most of the hardwood logs last about 1.5hrs a piece, while the bodark lasts close to 3.

I got me some locust and mulberry this year, too. I'll have to be careful with the mulberry since it sparks heavily when you first put it on. Sparks + trailer = ain't fun.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Our new house has an insert, but we haven't checked out the chimney yet so we're not sure if it's safe to use. Also has a crack / hole in the glass in the door. I'm also pretty sure it has an outside vent for intake air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom