Your rifle is too heavy for SHTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Watch the entire thing; a very reasonable presentation

Key points:

- DI better than piston due to weight (I could debate his reliability claim based on lube availability)
- iron sights or optic with no batteries
- light should be dual purpose (removable)
- is 5.56 "really" better than 308 if you could only have ONE rifle (I could debate the ammo weight)

His recommendations:

- SCAR 17
- or basic milspec 5.56 carbine with no extras on it
- both with ACOG or iron sights

Folks look at my rifle and say “why do you have so much sh#t bolted on it? I don’t want anything on mine!”
I’m not surprised to hear it, they don’t do anything with theirs anyway, no training, no rifle classes, hell they never even shoot the damn thing!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This little guy shoots great with the right ammo. And it loves the cheap Russian stuff. I'm becoming more and more fond of it. This is the one that was keyholing badly with 62gr ammo. With 55gr stuff it shoots really well. Seems like every time I go out to shoot now, this is the one I like to grab.

It's 5 pounds 6 oz with an empty mag. I scrounged around and found a basic sling to put on it so a few more ounces. I tend to keep this one handy...

20230205_145423.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom