Your rifle is too heavy for SHTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take a SCAR 17, have no problem with them. Hell, I'd be plenty happy with an AK. Don't really care; I wouldn't plan on much sneaking around through the neighbors bushes, looking to get shot, so I'm not too concerned with the weight of my rifle.

What happened to our grandparent's generation? You know, the one that lugged a railroad tie that took emblocs all across Europe and from island to island? Never heard them b*tch about weight.
Hollywood soldiers didn’t *****. Then old dogfaces bitched I imagine one way or another. The suck is the suck

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mentally, nothing weighs more than an Academy butter bar! :respect:
Except the Corporal stripes assigned to keep said butter ball out of trouble!!:respect:That was the absolute most fun I ever had. The LT was full of piss and vinegar and up for anything LOL. He was mis-assigned to our unit and just did a ride along to field training with us. Great dude and I am sure where ever he ended up he was a great asset to his unit!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except the Corporal stripes assigned to keep said butter ball out of trouble!!:respect:That was the absolute most fun I ever had. The LT was full of piss and vinegar and up for anything LOL. He was mis-assigned to our unit and just did a ride along to field training with us. Great dude and I am sure where ever he ended up he was a great asset to his unit!
Absolutly, I corrupted, err trained the hell out of the LT. 😎

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take a SCAR 17, have no problem with them. Hell, I'd be plenty happy with an AK. Don't really care; I wouldn't plan on much sneaking around through the neighbors bushes, looking to get shot, so I'm not too concerned with the weight of my rifle.

What happened to our grandparent's generation? You know, the one that lugged a railroad tie that took emblocs all across Europe and from island to island? Never heard them b*tch about weight.
Oh they bitched about it and everything else. Difference is they had something to botch about. None of this featherweight rifle or powderpuff pistol. They carried a wood and steel rifle with ammo you actully had to aim. Not just spray the field. Heck most of the guys whining now never had to eat a can of C-rats eggs or ham & muther______s. I did try some C rations when I was a kid and new then and there, I was not that tough.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Savage Model 12 12BVSS bolt action. It's a beautiful gun, SS, fluted barrel, laminated stock.......but it weighs a TON. I got it in case for whatever reason I have all this 223 ammo and my AR is non-functional I'd have an accurate firearm to utilize my ammo. I think I can 'reach out' more accurately with it as well, but I wouldn't want to carry it around a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom