Youth deer season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an awesome morning with my little niece this morning. She is my most favorite person in the whole wide world. We went out and got in our blind shortly before first light. Sat in the blind and got her situated with shooting sticks and an elbow rest, sounded like a jackass in a tin barn inside that blind, but we finally got settled and I dropped the windows. We weren't there 5 minutes before we see a small 8 point walk in. She nudged me and gave me a smile and I got butterflies inside. It was so awesome. It was still not legal shooting light yet, so we had to wait a few minutes. In walks two more bucks, and they all start jackassing around in front of us and put on a funny show. They all stopped and looked out of our frame of view and I told her to get ready. Her buck walked in right on schedule. We watched him for a minute or two then I told her to get him in the scope. If you've ever taken a newb huntin, you know that getting them on the deer can be one of the hardest things. Before I had the words out of my mouth she was on him and said ready. I told her to take the safety off and fire when ready. She quickly let loose. The other three deer kinda looked around for a second but our deer was freakin GONE. I took that as a good sign, but never saw the impact or any other clues. We waited a few minutes till she was about to wet her pants, then went to look for blood. Nothing. Not a hair, not a piece of meat, not a speck of blood. I kinda sank inside, but we kept at it for a few minutes. We could only see the deer for a few steps after the shot then he disappeared behind cedar trees, so we had no clue which direction to look. Looked for another good 10 minutes without so much as a speck. Then from across the clearing I heard her say "ROOSTER!" I turned around about half annoyed and said "what." Then I saw the smile on her face from 50 yards off. I sprinted over there as fast as I could and she pointed back in the brush. I saw a set of horns on the ground! I hugged her so hard then we went over and laid hands on her prize. Here he is!

Best morning of my life thus far.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_em_2014.JPG

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats to Tony and roosta and their hunters! ! OYH&SP with me tagged out this evening. Him and his dad had a blast as well as me :)

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom