Zastava M69?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking around on SoonerStatePawn's website just keeping an eye on their stock of Mosin Nagants when I spotted the SKS they had. It was listed as a Zastava M69 and, being an SKS, I rushed down to the shop and put it on layaway without even considering what the deuce if Zastava made M69s. Well, after securing the purchase so I can get it when I get paid next month, I did research on SKSs on all the pros and cons I could and it finally occurred to me to find out if that SKS was a Yugo, Romanian, Russian or what have you. Well, I peeked around and found not a single darned thing on anything Zastava called an M69. The closest I got was the M66 which they DO produce and the .22 training rifle they also seem to make but nothing on an SKS called the M69.

Could anyone shed some light? If you need proof of the listing: http://www.soonerstatepawn.com/firearms/zastava-m69-sks-rifle-762x39-w-bayonet-96232

I want to devour all the information I can get on it because I just absolutely love antique weapons and I've gotten hooked on the Russian ones.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a first generation M59 Yugo, which, in my opinion is the most desirable of the Yugos. The later M59/66 and 66A had the grenade-launcher which I always thought was kinda nerdy, except for pure collection value. The M59 is very nearly a Russian without a chrome-lined bore and without the Arctic Birch stock. If you shoot surplus ammo in it, just give the bore a little more care.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have a first generation M59 Yugo, which, in my opinion is the most desirable of the Yugos. The later M59/66 and 66A had the grenade-launcher which I always thought was kinda nerdy, except for pure collection value. The M59 is very nearly a Russian without a chrome-lined bore and without the Arctic Birch stock. If you shoot surplus ammo in it, just give the bore a little more care.

Thanks and I'll keep that in mind when I if I ever do put some surplus rounds down range with it. Can I take the SKS to get the barrel chromed out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom