Zeihan on the Ukraine Spring Offensive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
russians-literally-incinerating-bakhmut

Just don't know who to believe.
Dated May 5th.

Yep... Not a fan of the corrupt Ukrainian government, even less so the Russians. As far as I'm concerned, the more damage Ukraine can do to the Russian military, the better.

And I'm sure as hell not a fan of the Biden administration and DC politicians on both sides sending billions of $$ in that direction.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't trust our government or their intentions. if there is any lesson from the Vietnam War, it's that the USA government is not above manipulating public opinion and lying to further what they see as the USA's long term strategic interests.

Make no mistake, they see supporting Ukraine as beneficial for US national security, but i don't buy any of that **** they're selling to dress it up. The US .gov is not above manipulating public opinion through propoganda.

I don't sympathize with the Russians, but i don't buy for a second that Ukraine is clean. the USA .gov doesn't care a lick for Ukraine or for the Ukrainian people, or for any supposed principle the use to justify their actions. It's all a big strategic game to them, and we're just pawns to be manipulated towards that end, just like the Ukrainians.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of video's of that conflict. Most of the areas remind me of North Central Ok where there is flat ground with tree rows, roads alongside. That would be suicide driving a russian tank through there with the Javelin Missiles we are supplying them.
Lots of WWII T-72 tanks being brought out of museums to go to the front lines by Russia.
Video yesterday of russian troops running from the Bakhmut region that was confirmed today by the General overseeing the conscripts and mercs being used in that area. They aren't getting support from the Kremlin. Run or die.
A lot is popaganda, but it appears that russia is having some major issues. Putin is fighting for conquest, while Ukraine is fighting for their lives.
I'm no fan of either, just reporting on what I'm watching.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't trust our government or their intentions. if there is any lesson from the Vietnam War, it's that the USA government is not above manipulating public opinion and lying to further what they see as the USA's long term strategic interests.

Make no mistake, they see supporting Ukraine as beneficial for US national security, but i don't buy any of that **** they're selling to dress it up. The US .gov is not above manipulating public opinion through propoganda.

I don't sympathize with the Russians, but i don't buy for a second that Ukraine is clean. the USA .gov doesn't care a lick for Ukraine or for the Ukrainian people, or for any supposed principle the use to justify their actions. It's all a big strategic game to them, and we're just pawns to be manipulated towards that end, just like the Ukrainians.
Lesser of 2 evils so I go with Ukraine. Hands down

Latest posts

Top Bottom