Zero Tolerance 0561 Authenticity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3h_sober1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently acquired two ZT knives a 0560 and 0561. Immediately I noticed that the 0561 has some different features. Firstly the Ti side is a perfect match the machining is excellent, but there is a screw and steel piece over the frame lock. Secondly the finish on the blade is noticeably different on the 0561. Lastly the 0561 is heavier the skeletonized portion is much different on the 0561, the 0560 looks normal with multiple smaller cut outs and the 0561 has a single large cut out.

Is this a new "updated" model of the series or a extremely good fake?

Ignore the coloration on the 0561 it was heated for color.

TLDR: Got a 0560 and a 0561 and the 0561 has and extra screw on the frame lock, different blade finish and is slightly heavier with different skeletonization of the frame.

Imgur album with pictures!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gen 2s have a Steel Lockbar insert (that is the screw in the lock-bar). There were some updates to machining/finishing as well but I was under the impression that the new skeletonization actually made the knife lighter (possibly the steel screw / lockbar insert added some weight - I wouldn't think enough to make it heavier though).

Looks legit to me. Where did you buy the 0561?

t3h_sober1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it in a trade over on Armslist. Im 99.9% sure it is real, I just couldn't find any production update information or pictures that match mine. Overall I prefer the 0560 the deployment feels a little smoother and it is slightly lighter, but the lockbar on the 0561 is much easier to disengage due to the steel on steel contact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom