Zero Turns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious why you want the bagger? Just put a mulch kit on it and leave the clippings. My neighbor has a pull behind attachment that rakes up the clippings but I just leave them alone.

I’ve been happy with my hustler 42” with Kawasaki engine. Good friend of mine works at the tractor yard in Coweta. Ask for Shane and tell him Kyle sent ya.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious why you want the bagger? Just put a mulch kit on it and leave the clippings. My neighbor has a pull behind attachment that rakes up the clippings but I just leave them alone.

I’ve been happy with my hustler 42” with Kawasaki engine. Good friend of mine works at the tractor yard in Coweta. Ask for Shane and tell him Kyle sent ya.

Lots of trees, so lots of leaves.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only ZTR’s I have experience with are Bush Hog, Scag, and Hustler. The Bush Hog was a lemon, so my opinion of that brand is skewed. The Scag and one of the Hustlers were my Dad’s, and they have been problem free. I had never owned one myself until I acquired a Hustler Raptor with my place up there, and I think it’s a low end model but runs and mows great. I mow probably close to 4 acres with it. It‘s a 52” so does fit the dimension restrictions, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Hustler mower.

Scag is one I looked at pretty hard and it's not cheap. Walker as well... but Walker was too spendy.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of trees, so lots of leaves.
4B7E40C1-A529-49D1-8114-B9177BAC8D60.png

This is what my neighbor uses or at least similar to it. I just mulch all mine though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 284613

This is what my neighbor uses or at least similar to it. I just mulch all mine though.

Kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to do. This yard is mostly fescue, haven't seen how deep the leaves get in person but I can only imagine. Not sure mulching would work.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scag is one I looked at pretty hard and it's not cheap. Walker as well... but Walker was too spendy.
Look around and see what brands commercial mowing crews are using, and let that being your guide.

Around here, Scag and Exmark are the two most popular on commercial crews.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look around and see what brands commercial mowing crews are using, and let that being your guide.

Around here, Scag and Exmark are the two most popular on commercial crews.

I'm with you there, I've been eyeing some crews on the road. Seeing a lot of club cadet and Toro. Probably would've bought the Scag, but they were sold out of the 36" model locally. They seem built really well.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thing about using a bagger for leaves is the bags will fill up in a hurry since the leaves wont pack the same as grass so you will spend alot of time running back and forth emptying the bags, normally what i do is mulch the leaves then go back and bag them but im doing smaller yard not a large area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom