Zombie Apocalypse Run and Shoot in Buckholts, TX Feb. 23, 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ebmedia.eventbrite.com_s3_s3_eventlogos_847627_4827875305_1.jpg

http://battleroadusa.com/

The course will have 4 pistol stations and 3 rifle stations. Pistol stages will be from "brain breath distance" to 30 yards, and rifles will be from 50 to 400. The course will be approximately 2.5 to 3.5 miles long, and you will have to carry your rifle, pistol, ammo, water, and all other gear with you the whole way. There will be plenty of obstacles along the course to help get the blood pumping. If you shoot the course with no misses, you would need a minimum round count of 177 handgun rounds and 150 rifle rounds. Yes, that is a lot of ammo to carry... it is set up that way on purpose!

More info can be found on the above-linked website. Check out the detailed course of fire and BattleRoad's blog entries for more details.

Buckholts, TX (north of Austin) is a bit of a drive from Oklahoma, but this shoot will be completely worth it. I will be one of the RSOs and running as well. I did one of these "Run n' Guns" in Pecos, TX back in October, and it was an absolute blast. It is a real test of yourself and your equipment. It would be great to see some fellow OSA'ers down there representing!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, but my poor old body ain't able to make that kind of distance. Where was all of this fun stuff 30 years ago?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like it would be a friggin riot. Would love to go, but I wont, too far. Set one up in BFE, OK(realizing you need several miles of nothingness for this to be safe) and I might attend.

As I was reading I was thinking, hmmm, running several miles would really make people think twice next time some forum troll posts something like "During an immediate zombie bug out situation, what are you grabbing?"

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep... some folks will find that gear they think works great after prancing around their house a bit in it doesn't work so well running 5 clicks through the woods and hills. And folks will find that shooting well on the range, or on a short competitive stage is one thing, but getting hits when you are mentally and physically exhausted is another thing altogether.

Don't let this course scare you off if you are old or fat... you are welcome to walk the whole thing. Plenty of people did that at the Pecos Run n' Gun. It is still a great test of your abilities and equipment, and to help prepare yourself for whatever comes down the pike.

Oh and believe me, after seeing what a good time these run n' guns are, I am definitely looking at trying to set one up more locally. Maybe nothing as elaborate as this Zombie run, but at least something to get people tired, hot and sweaty and then make them shoot stuff. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom