1)CCW Course on weekday 2)GLOCK 27 or 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid for my CCW course but could not make it on the weekend I signed up for. I own a horse ranch and the weekends are my busy times. We always have show kids at the barn and they take top priority over "fun stuff". I was signed up to take the course at a place in Stillwater but I just don't know if I can make it on a weekend anytime soon since our horse show season is starting. Does anyone know of a place that does CCW courses during the week or would be willing to do a private course for my wife and I. I know that it might not be worth a teachers time to just do two people but I would be willing to make it worth his time if someone was willing to do it on a Monday. So if you know of anyone let me know!

I have a sigma s&w 40 that is blah. I have a TON of 40 cal ammo so I like the idea of the Glock 27 but also like the the 1911s a lot. I have shot both guns and like them about the same. But I was wondering if you guys could chime in on the pros & cons. If I go with a 1911 it will be the short barrel for my CCW something like a Kimber. I like that I have heard a lot of good things about the Glock 27 and that it never jams. Any help would be great!

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II that I like to carry as well as a Glock 27. The Glock is a little easier for me to conceal, but I am a better shot and overall more comfortable with the Kimber. I also like the fact it is chambered in .45. There is also the price factor to consider as well. Obviously the Kimber is substantially pricier than the glock. IMO they are both fine choices for CC, but if I were forced to give one up, I'd keep the Kimber.

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H has weeknight courses. The full course is on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6-10 p.m. This is the class that I took in early February and really enjoyed it. I worked well for my time constraints. Here is a link.

http://www.hhgunrange.com/learning_center/Conceal_Carry.htm

Thanks for the info I'm looking for more of a Monday "day" course. My wife and I start working horses at 5am and the 10pm thing is a little to late for us. My main goal is to get my wife through the course and she is a work-a-holic that I dont think I would be able to talk into a 6-10 class two days in a week. (she was tough to talk into this in the first place)

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I'm looking for more of a Monday "day" course. My wife and I start working horses at 5am and the 10pm thing is a little to late for us. My main goal is to get my wife through the course and she is a work-a-holic that I dont think I would be able to talk into a 6-10 class two days in a week. (she was tough to talk into this in the first place)

I would look into a utah non resident then. It is a 2 hour class as apposed to 8 hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom