10.4x38mmR aka 41 Swiss loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh G

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a good load for the 41 Swiss?? Just bought a m78 Vetterli and looking for some load data. I found a few online I'm going to try but wanted to know if anyone here has a good load that works for them. Thank you!!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Josh am I way off here? According to COTW that cartridge and rifle were discontinued in 1889 making your rifle designed for use with black powder and not modern smokeless powders. Loading BP isn’t really any more difficult than anything else. Stuff in enough FF powder to get you a little, say maybe 1/16” of compression, drop in an over-powder card and top it off with a cast bullet. Problem comes if you’re buying cast bullets and not casting your own. If buying them they’ll most certainly have a petroleum based lube which will need to be removed and replaced with a BP lube.
Wish I could be more help but there’s nothing on the subject in any of my manuals.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read it is a rim fire and needs converted and there is info out there for that.
Lots of info to be found on loads also.
Discontinued powders of course .

Latest posts

Top Bottom