100 yard indoor range Hypothetical question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets say there was a 100 yard range blocked from all wind..that had an indoor area where you could sit at a sturdy bench and reload rounds for testing, if you brought your own reloading stuff of course.

how far would you drive and what would you pay...

Would you pay more for 200 yards.. what about 200 or 100 outdoor range with indoor loading area.

I just cant see going to an indoor range like H&H to shoot rifles...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No replies yet..
I would think 10 bucks to shoot the guns if it was me and if there was a 150-200 yard spot i would drive further for that.
Possibly 65 miles one way...
Heck i have driven 150 miles to shoot a hand full of rounds then drive 150 miles back home..but that was a free area.

10 to shoot and another 2 to 5 bucks to use the reloading area?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id pay 10 or 15 bucks to shoot 100 yards indoors for sure. I probably wouldnt drive to far for it though, maybe 25 miles. Im about an hour from OKC, but Im there about once a month so I would definitely stop by if thats where it was. Im lucky enough to have my own little range that I set up out to 300 yards right across the road from my house, but on days like today its just to windy to shoot.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 for an Indoor range is always a good deal. 100 yard range would be awesome. But I think there is more money in pistol shooters so there should be a 25 yard option too. The other problem you may run into is targets down range. many people want to be able to retrieve their target and look at it immediatly. That isn't ideal for multiple shooters on static targets, or accuracy shooters on cable targets. It would be nice to have a few bays where both would be possible.

$15 for a load work up range would be a steal for me. A place where I can rent the lane, work up loads behind me and not have 30 people shooting beside me blasting my concentration away as I am going for accuracy loads.

I think if you could set it up where 4-5 people tops could go on a load work up range at one time, 15 people could use a 100 yard range with targets on trolleys, and still have at least 2 pistol bays where 15-30 people could shoot at one time you would have a winning combo. The only killer may be how far away you are talking. Oh and heat and A/C would be a must have.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was open during the weekdays and within reasonable driving distance and was reasonably priced I would support it.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to a 100yd range in Austin with a buddy when we were visiting there. $14 an hour/1 hour minimum. Nice place would definitely go again.

Strong rule there of NO person to person gun transfer, gun must always be placed on a table before another person touches it.

http://www.redsguns.com/range.html

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go to a place like that defiantly if it was open late eve (8pm or so). Be nice to have a place to shoot after work at 100 yds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Bass Pro shop in Springfield had a 100 yd underground range. Its just a tube with a rail to bring the target back to the shooter. I've seen them shooting there, and think I read this somewhere?

I've shot competition in Nebraska where their outdoor long range area used short tubes for each distance. If you were shooting the 300 yd range, the tube would only allow shots to be taken within the confines of the range. It would be impossible to shoot over the berms, etc. The 600 and thousand were the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom