10mm Delta work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here but I have been lurking for awhile. Time to get my feet wet on the forum. I have really been drooling over a "worked" 1911 something along the lines of a Wilson or Ed Brown. I do have a Colt 10mm Delta in blue. I have been thinking about just spending some money on it instead. Something like along the lines of a dovetail, ambi safety (I am a leftie) barrel work and such. Any one here that can recommend someone or give me their opinion on this? Thanks in advance.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the blued Delta is rarer then the stainless ones and bring a premium. Before you modify it you might want to consider cashing it in and using the money for something customized the way you want it.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chuck Warner did mine, it's one of my favorite's to carry. His number is 505-917-7922, Chuck got out of the smithing for awhile. He was one of the premier Smiths of the 90's.[Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image][Broken External Image]

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a stainless delta elite in the work flow as we speak.

Im also real close to showing off some new work.

busy busy busy. As a vote in my favor, Im a lefty too; I know what works for us.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the blued Delta is rarer then the stainless ones and bring a premium. Before you modify it you might want to consider cashing it in and using the money for something customized the way you want it.

I never thought of that. Glad I bought a blue one. For some reason, I prefer dark semi-autos and stainless steel revolvers.

And Surjimmy...those are some beautiful pics.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions and advice. I really hate to sell the pistol just to get another 1911 when I have this one. I know a lot is to be said to getting one already finished but I like the idea of having one customized justfor me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom