10mm Delta work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree, it is sure worth more as an original Delta in Blue ...... Hate to see you modify it. What is Colt charging for the new (current) models these days ???

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as you think its dumb to sell your 1911 just to buy another one I think that is the most financially wise decision. For what your gun will bring if you want one thats custom to you you could still buy a base model 1911 from STI or RIA or Colt or Springfield or anyone and then have it modified so its still "one of a kind".

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ripnbst, you might be right. It will be more expensive to shoot the 10mm than a .45. I was just assuming it might be fairly expensive to customize a pistol. However, if a solid .45 can be bought and worked for close to the sale of the 10mm it probably would be the best idea.

On a different note. I tried to reply last nite but everytime I tried to logon from my home computer the forum "unlogged " me and said I did not have rights to reply. Thoughts anyone???

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Novak if you are willing to send the gun off for some work. Another option that I'm looking at myself is having Fusion Firearms build me exactly the gun I want. The prices are not too terrible considering how much people like Nighthawk want for a 1911. Some pretty nice options available. I believe Fusion Firearms is run by the guy who used to be in charge of the Dan Wesson line of 1911s, they do a lot of the same work like bob-tailed grips and commander size guns in 10mm.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Novak if you are willing to send the gun off for some work. Another option that I'm looking at myself is having Fusion Firearms build me exactly the gun I want. The prices are not too terrible considering how much people like Nighthawk want for a 1911. Some pretty nice options available. I believe Fusion Firearms is run by the guy who used to be in charge of the Dan Wesson line of 1911s, they do a lot of the same work like bob-tailed grips and commander size guns in 10mm.

His name is Bob Serva and seems to be a really good guy to deal with. I bought some parts from him for my DW 10mm. But Barry Greyson and Mike Cyrwus are also excellent and they are local....

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
fusion is too markety. The biggest appeal of them is to those who want more gun for less money. They get a gun that looks like it should cost more than it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom