# 11 caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
birdhunter, i did a little research and it may be a tired spring in your gun. i'd post a link but that was many pages ago! sounds like the marlin mz's are well regarded by the owners of them. also, does not look like there is a conversion specific to the marlin but others have had success with the traditions or knight conversions. most of the posts are old but there is some info out there. good luck!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few #11 nipples in my stash and some just will not work.
What i noticed on the ones that do not work is the nipple does not have a large enough flat surface.
Another issue is the hammer is not aligned with the nipple..Some guns i have messed with will only contact the nipple on one of the edges.
And like dlbleak stated the spring may be weak.
Or could be that it is not the spring at all but the mechanism is binding from crud like rust or dried lube or carbon.
Not allowing the spring to do it's job..
Could be a screw issue where the shoulder is worn and when you tighten it all up it puts the hammer in a bind.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nipple could also be worn from dry firing, not allowing cap to be firmly seated. Pull nipple out an dress it up with a file or stone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom