Ooops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday my buddy and I were on the back forty... Plinking into the bank on the other side of the creek. On my last shot, the can sounded a little funny, and I got some crap blown back in my face. I just KNEW I had an end cap strike, and was so pissed that I didn't take any precautions aside from checking that the pistol was safe safe and clear before unscrewing the can.

Of course as soon as it let go of the threads I fumbled it. It bounced twice and then hit the water with a loud plop. My buddy looks over at me and says...what was that? Hmmm? Oh nothing, just my suppressor.

Checked the water level with a branch, and it's more than 6' where it dropped. According to my friend, it bottoms out about 3 more feet down. Well...........****. Guess it'll still be there come summer when the levels drop to just a couple feet.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that water was moving, I doubt you ever find that can.

I hope you do, but I wont count on it.
Maybe, maybe not. There is movement, and in fact a tidal push/pull at that spot. But the creek bed is very rocky there, so I'm banking on it getting stuck in a crevice. Either way, I'll cry over that particular spilled milk come summer. Until then.... I'm just thinking of it as my buried stash.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is even 1-2' visibility, it wouldn't take long to find, but it's gotta be warm enough to dive. I bet a 7mm wet suit even in this weather would be warm enough in Oklahoma/Kansas water. Hell I used to dive a 7mil in Colorado lakes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom