$1200 to spend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pickup something like a Spikes Tactical or a Rock River Arms. Spikes Tactical will be your option for the $$ closely followed by Rock River Arms. You may also try Palmettostatearmory.com and pick up a PSA rifle. All very reputable companies.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned all three of those brands mentioned. Used the Colt H-BAR 20" heavy barrel while participating in NRA Highpower Rifle competition local matches, in the Sand Springs and Coweta area. Then the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S 20" HB, which proved to be twice as accurate as the Colt,for me and my reloads. The 14 year competition activity ended for me by the time I bought my RRA LAR-15 16" barrel carbine, but I've taken a couple of training classes with it and liked it better than the previous two. My latest favorite is a LWRC M-6 piston action carbine, whos' only drawback is the $2300. buy price. I have that RRA for sale in the classifieds for $1200. It was on the second page back when I checked it earlier this evening. I don't know how this "bump" procedure works. I see these other guys posting it, I guess it maybe moves your classified post back to the top?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Piston10, the quality of an AR has to do with how its made, with what materials, and how they are tested. Some companies consistently use higher quality control and better materials with standardized testing than others. The key is to decide what role you want the weapon to fulfill, then your budget, and then choose accordingly.
This takes research and digging through a lot of crap before you can make a good decision. The easy and most contentious answer is to ask "which is better" without doing the leg work.

If you want a defense gun, competition gun, plinking gun, dirt clod shooting gun, or whatever gun you will save yourself a lot of time and money by researching what makes the gun good or bad for each area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom