164 lbs Tannerite vs Barn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note, it is illegal to have more than 50lbs in your possession at any time without an explosives permit, just an fyi for anyone wanting to try something like this.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so there were 4 people who just happened to put their tannerite into the same barn and shoot it, at the same time?

would have loved to have gotten some of those inside timbers before they were destroyed.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a cite for this?

I used to, I was told this by a dealer that sells it, then looked it up to verify it long time ago back when I first started shooting the stuff off. It is an ATF/Fed regulation on binary explosives.

Quick search brought this up "when the binary components are combined, the resulting mixture is an explosive material subject to all requirements of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 and 27 CFR Part 555." I'm sure you can look up all the requirements by looking that up.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put 2lbs into a hollow at the base of a dead oak tree. The 'boom' split the tree, but a piece of bark approx. 3"x15" flew 125 yrds and narrowly missed my grandson. Luckily or more likely amazingly, he was paying attention and dodged the swirling club.

Now, we limit our 'fun' to 1 lb at a min. 150 yrds and take cover behind the horse trailer.

Would hate to see it restricted or banned, but doing stupid things can / does result in tragedy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom