1911 9mm question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XChosen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for the last two years I've been really interested in getting the SW 1911 9mm. This year I've managed to squirrel away enough money 1500 for the SW. I went to HH today and they have it for 1409. Well as I was checking it out right below it was a Kimber stainless target II 1911 9mm for 1100. I held both and found that I actually liked the Kimber a little better for holding.

If I buy the Kimber I'll have enough for a good HD shotgun :)(Mossberg, Remington, and Benelli are on the list) problem is I've been fixated on that SW for a year and feel I'll always have that nagging in the back of my mind.

Please no 1911 is a 45 purists bashing I just need opinions on the Kimber vs SW models.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not change you mind in that direction. I would however point out that I got a Dan Wesson PM-9 through Kentucky Gun Company for $1,364 delivered to my FFL. It is far better than the Smith and superior to the Kimber in every way. Some very knowledgeable 1911 guys would agree.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spending $1400 on a S&W or a Kimber is ridiculous. They use the same amount of fitting and the exact same parts for their baseline guns? If you're gonna spend $1400ish, then get a Dan Wesson or a used Baer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom