1911 Ccw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a 1911 style CCW. I have been looking at a few Colt Commanders and I am really falling in love with the Kimber Covert II Pro. What is everyone elses opinion of a good 1911 carry gun?

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After shooting ,carrying, competing and training with 1911's for about 30 yrs. my conclusion as to the most trouble free, reliable models would be any Kimber or Wilson Combat, if you can afford it. I've spent hundreds of dollars at the gunsmith trying to get Colt, Springfield Armory and other lesser brands not worth mentioning to cycle reliably. These days I won't even look twice at all of the troublesome 1911's out there. Although rest assured, there was never a more worshipfull 1911 fan and devotee of Col. Jeff Cooper, may he RIP, than me.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Taurus all the way

Do I sense....

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Forums_SarcasmMeter.gif

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I abuse the living hell out of my PT1911 and it has never misfired, not once. I would not hesitate to carry it at all.

Mine has performed flawlessly for about 5000 rounds, then weekend before last while shooting with the FGST the full length guide rod came apart it stripped the threads out where it joins together.

Yes Taurus has a lifetime warranty but shipping to and from for warranty reapair is more expensive than just buying a wilsons 25G guide rod assembly and replacing it myself.

As far as carrying a 1911 I started with a colts 1991A1 officers model back in 96 and have carried nothing but a 1911 since then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom