1911 Holster - Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi gents. Wondering if any of you happen to have seen a 1911 holster like the one pictured? It was used in 1950's Korea by the Military Police doesn't appear to be the generic "tanker" style as obvious from the lower part of the holster and the bullet loops. Only pictures I have so sorry for the quality.
1911Holster1.png

1911Holster2.png

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a chance that what you are looking at is actually a revolver holster that has been slightly modified to fit an auto. The Navy and USMC used such a holster from WWII - Vietnam. Below is a photo of one. The design slightly changed throughout production and manufacturer so there may have been one produced that is identical to the rig shown in your photo. Unfortunately they extremely difficult to find photos of.

i.imgur.com_rELmfXn.jpg

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a chance that what you are looking at is actually a revolver holster that has been slightly modified to fit an auto. The Navy and USMC used such a holster from WWII - Vietnam. Below is a photo of one. The design slightly changed throughout production and manufacturer so there may have been one produced that is identical to the rig shown in your photo. Unfortunately they extremely difficult to find photos of.

Thanks - that could be a possibility, especially if there was ever one with 7 bullet loops. I've also never seen one with that lower strap around the holster except for western and revolver designs. Tried to find a better picture but most of the others were dress uniform with standard Sam Browne style setups, so guessing this may have been field only. Am guessing this was probably early 50's since the "U.S. ARMY" tag started being used in '53.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom