• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 1911 holster OWB (OKC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   1
Looking for a leather or kydex OWB holster for a colt govt 1911, full size gun, no rail, no optics. Will attach a photo of the gun. Figured Id ask in the event some guys had something they werent using any more that I might could purchase. I hear kydex rubs the blueing off faster than leather, but any gun in a holster wears. So Im open to any comments or recommendations or hand me downs. I use a 1.5” reinforced gun belt. Thank you OSA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looking for a leather or kydex OWB holster for a colt govt 1911, full size gun, no rail, no optics. Will attach a photo of the gun. Figured Id ask in the event some guys had something they werent using any more that I might could purchase. I hear kydex rubs the blueing off faster than leather, but any gun in a holster wears. So Im open to any comments or recommendations or hand me downs. I use a 1.5” reinforced gun belt. Thank you OSA
Hundreds of choices out there and that adds to confusion. Leather, kydex, etc. I have a Fobus and Safariland that I use for two of my 911.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Look on Colts website, I have this holster, one of the most comfortable holsters I have ever used. Out of stock at this moment but keep checking back.
IMG_1867.jpeg

Mernickle is the manufacturer, you could order one from them but it will not have the Colt Logo
IMG_2146.jpeg

Last edited:

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   1
Why don't the Kydex manufacturers line their holsters with suede?
Look on Colts website, I have this holster, one of the most comfortable holsters I have ever used. Out of stock at this moment but keep checking back.
View attachment 448738
Mernickle is the manufacturer, you could order one from them but it will not have the Colt Logo
View attachment 448740
Thanks for the recommendation. Hows the retention? (Havent used leather holsters but Im pretty positive the gun wont just jump out on its own!)

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ever so often I see Milt Sparks (that are not at rip-off prices above those listed on their site) on fleabay. Fine holsters, as the 9 month wait time would indicate. When I ordered my first one about fifteen years ago wait time was far less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom