This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My Pt1911 just passed the 12k mark and the only thing I've changed is grips. Shoot mil ball and hand load lead and HP's, runs well with CM 10 round mags and the stockers work well too.

Will agree that the hammer lock is a bit over the top for good taste, but I want to put a Wilson hammer on it someday.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably gonna have to stick with Kimber if all those are deal breakers. Personally, I'd recommend the Colt XSE or a USED Sprinfield TRP.

I really like the TRP, but its a lil pricey. Right now I'm watching a STI trojan on GB for $863 I think. I also like the sti spartan's olyeller is selling. I guess you guys are all out on the kimbers? And as far as the taurus goes. I hear good stuff, but ALOT of bad things. I personally think the prices are great. But if they suck, I'd wish I spent another $150 to get a kimber. Whats the going price to throw a beavertail on a base model gun If I had to??

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the TRP, but its a lil pricey. Right now I'm watching a STI trojan on GB for $863 I think. I also like the sti spartan's olyeller is selling. I guess you guys are all out on the kimbers? And as far as the taurus goes. I hear good stuff, but ALOT of bad things. I personally think the prices are great. But if they suck, I'd wish I spent another $150 to get a kimber. Whats the going price to throw a beavertail on a base model gun If I had to??

~$100 all the way up to~ $200 sometimes if welding is needed from what I have seen. The TRP IS overpriced IMHO right now, but I couldn't think of many 1911s that meet your requirements in that range.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the real rag on the pt 1911 is the company customer service. they do have a lifetime warranty.i just haven't needed one. the colt series 70 sounds like a good idea if you are afraid of the pt 1911.if you read up on all of the 1911 out there you are going to find someone that just hates one brand or another just because of something they have read on the net.if you get a base model make sure you get one that is the same as the original colt so you can upgrade. not all 1911 are the same dimensions.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I charge $65 for fitting a beavertail. ed brown's run about $40. Refinishing is extra if needed (if its not stainless steel).

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at some of the "Factory" Upgrades. My PT1911ss came with Polished feed ramp, lowered ejection port, competion trigger. As did my Springer Lightweight Champion. $600 on the Taurus, $800 on the Springfield:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom