This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...if you read up on all of the 1911 out there you are going to find someone that just hates one brand or another just because of something they have read on the net.

Best advice on this thread so far.

As for Kimbers, for some reason people love to bash them (not sure why) but I would bet that MOST of it is being done by someone who hasn't had one. Same goes for most other brand bashing.

Find something in your price range that most people recommend and get it tuned. yes, tuned. Get used to the idea that some 1911's will need tuning to be carry reliable. That's not a bad thing just the way the gun is. Some people won't buy a gun that isn't 100% reliable about of the box. I say you need to run a few hundred rounds through any gun before you trust your life to it anyway.

My two cents.

BC

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.if you read up on all of the 1911 out there you are going to find someone that just hates one brand or another just because of something they have read on the net.

Speaking for myself, most of my bias is from ownership of different 1911 platforms.

1911s I'ved owned or currently own include.....

Colt S70 Commander
Colt S70 Govt
Colt S70 Stainless
Colt S80 LWT
Colt Commander XSE
Colt WWI repoduction
Kimber Stainless II
Kimber Warrior
Kimber Eclipse
Springfield GI champion
Spingfield TRP Full rail operator
Springfield EMP 9
Springfield EMP 40
Springfield Mil-Spec
(2)RIA Govt
(2)Norinco 1911 A1
Sig GSR
(3)Wilson CQBs
Wilson Supergrade
Wilson KZ-9
Wilson built Springfield LWT govt
Nighthawk GRP
Baer TRP
STI Trojan
STI Ranger II
Nowlin Govt
Barry Greyson custom full house
Springfield Custom shop full house
Ted Yost 1*

I think I'm forgetting a few aswell but a number of these guns are now in the hands of fellow OSA members. :D

my brother has two pt1911ss one with rail one without.he hasn't had any problems out of his.infact i'm thanking about getting one.one has novak sights the other has heine.

Just to clarify unless he had them installed later on, PT1911s come with cheap Heine knock offs.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it turns out my roommates dad is a wholesaler. So I gave him a list today of several different brands and just waiting on a price list now. It ranges from several kimbers, dan wesson, springfield, to sti. Hopefully he can save me a few $$

Latest posts

Top Bottom