1st encounter with a police officer while armed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was the first on scene of a minor traffic accident this evening and phoned the police. They asked me to wait until they arrived before leaving the scene. As soon as the officer arrived on scene I presented him with my concealed weapon license and informed him that I had a weapon. He simply said, ok let me make contact with the driver then walked by me. Then asked me and the other witness if we would go stand on the sidewalk and he would be by in a sec. I did as I was told. All the while he is carrying my license around with him. After some time I decided he had forgotten and waived him over, he told me I didn't need to hang around and thanked me for calling it in, handed me my license, patted me on the back and said have a nice night. I thought it was weird he didn't seem concerned I was armed and made no mention of it. It was almost as if he didn't even realize what I told him and assumed the license I handed him was a driver's license. It was altogether a strange experience.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks for reading!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well Im curious...what did you expect? I guess a lot of people think we are the New World Order and we are coming to get your guns and we dont like the idea of others carrying. Im glad you had a somewhat pleasant experience.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have encountered LEO while armed every single day ... there is this one officer who takes it upon himself to disarm me every time I see him ... should I be concerned?? (Ok, Ok, Ok, I guess GC doesn't count, huh?)

But I have been pulled over a few times :lookaroun since I got my license. All the other officers I have met have done the following:

1. Good for you! More people should carry. You do practice, right??

2. What do you carry? What's that in your seat over there (it was a Glock I had just bought)? Ohh you have a Colt Gold Cup?? Well, I know I probably shouldn't but do you mind if I fondle it a bit?? (I swear we stood outside our cars and talked guns and played show and tell for a good 1/2 hour-45 minutes.)

3. OK, well then I'll make a deal with ya. You don't shoot me and I won't shoot you. *wink and a grin*

Thank you and have a nice day.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, I was expecting at least a question or two but I'm certainly not complaining! I think I was a bit nervous about it so I was just surprised when it was not even almost an issue. With some of the horror stories I've heard I am thankful it went so well! thought you guys would enjoy hearing about my experience. Thanks for the input!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, I was expecting at least a question or two but I'm certainly not complaining! I think I was a bit nervous about it so I was just surprised when it was not even almost an issue. With some of the horror stories I've heard I am thankful it went so well! thought you guys would enjoy hearing about my experience. Thanks for the input!

Well, since the Old JBT (GlockCop, in case you haven't figured that out already ;) ) is sound asleep in bed I'll tell you his take on all this ... If you have your CCL, you have been through nearly as many background checks as he has. He says that knowing someone has a license frees him up to keep an eye on all the other yahoos who DON'T have a license (i.e., who haven't had those background checks run). He says for him those folks are the "wild card" if you will in any encounter.

I don't necessarily agree with him ... Like I've said before, the world should be glad I'm not the JBT of the family! lol ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom