1st encounter with a police officer while armed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oyousooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got stopped on the way to work failure to dim lights. handed him drivers license and ccl. he looked at both handed me back ccl never asked any questions. came back handed me my Dl. said remember to dim your lights have a good day.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The “jist” of the op’s post reminds me of an old LE joke. Remember, all this is just a JOKE. No LE bashing intended.

A Trooper stops a car and walks up to the rear driver’s side window and taps on it. The confused occupant rolls the window and says “yeah, what do you want?”
The Trooper smacks the occupant up side the head and says “BOY, around these parts the driver’s side passenger ALWAYS has the window open where I can see inside. Don’t you forget it!” “Show some respect while you’re at it.”

The Trooper then walks forward a few steps and smacks the driver up side the head. The driver screams “What was that for?” The Trooper replies, “BOY, around here you WILL have your driver license ready and waiting for me to see!”
As the two are rubbing their heads the Trooper then walks to the front passenger side of the car and taps on the window. The occupant there reluctantly rolls the window down. SMACK! “BOY, around here you will have the insurance verification ready for me to look at!

The passenger side occupant can already guess what’s coming but is afraid not to and rolls his window down. Sure enough, the Trooper smacks the passenger up side his head.

The passenger screams “What was that for?” The Trooper replies with a smile on his face. “I was making your wish come true.” “What wish, the passenger screams?” Then the Trooper said, “You’d have been a mile down the road after this saying “yeah, I just wish he’d done that to me and he’d have really seen what would have happened.”

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am only posting because I had my first encounter on Monday. Got stopped close to the house. He didnt even want to look at my ccw license and took my DL. Just asked me where it was and nothing else was said.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm the "Official Contact" myth....

C. It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant to the authority of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when the person first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop. No person shall be required to identify himself or herself as a concealed handgun licensee when no handgun is in the person’s possession or in any vehicle in which the person is driving or is a passenger.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He wasn't arrested, being detained, or in a traffic stop. So where does this "official contact" requirement come from?

Where does it come from? So when he calls the police to report something, is that not official? He's voluntarily volunteered as a witness to the wreck, so is that not official means to advise an Officer that he's packing heat? Eh, again, what do I know. Obviously nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom