2 Handguns Stolen from my truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please enlighten me as to how I am being a smart ass? I simply posted a legit question to start and then got a smart answer, so I made an obvious observation, I called him on which also got no response.

If you got in a car accident would you tell us how it happened? Or just tell us that it did, in fact, happen. How it happened shows where responsibility lies for the event typically. For example if you are at a stop sign, stopped, and someone rear ends you, clearly you are responsible for the accident right? The reason it matters how it happened is leaving a firearm in an unattended unlocked vehicle for any period of time is extremely irresponsible gun ownership. To add to that the OP actually seems to have left 2 (two) firearms in an unlocked vehicle for twice over the course of a few days, double foul. Sorry I don't feel sorry they got stolen at all if they were left in an unlocked car. Is it really crappy that's the world we live in? It most definitely is, but I live in the real world, I suggest you all do the same.

I hate thieves as much as the rest of us, arguably more so, but it doesn't change the fact that OP left valuables, firearms no less, in an unlocked vehicle. The OP hasn't addressed my posts at all so i suspect I am right and they wont post publicly that they left firearms in an unattended unlocked vehicle. Which is fine, I'd be embarrassed too.

I worked at a place for 17 years and every time something happened every one always wanted to point fingers.
One day in a meeting during said finger pointing I said "how about we find a way for this to not happen again and move forward".

Just sayin...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked at a place for 17 years and every time something happened every one always wanted to point fingers.
One day in a meeting during said finger pointing I said "how about we find a way for this to not happen again and move forward".

Just sayin...

I couldn't agree more, but I started with an honest, no ill intention question and people decide to jump all over ME about it. If the OP said , no the car was locked, what happened was rabble rabble rabble... I'd have said "oh, alright, dang that sucks then." But given the description it sounded like the guns were left in an unlocked car repeatedly.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang I didn't mean to start a pissing match. I would rather not go into detailed about what happened right now because I have no proof yet. I will just say that there are other ways to get into someones LOCKED car without breaking a window or punching a lock. I am a responsible gun owner and would not leave my truck unlocked with 2 guns inside for someone to steal. I only posted this because I know members of this forums buy and sell a lot of guns at various places and thought someone might run across them. No need for all the trash talking....

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I could care less if the vehicle was locked or not. If something is taken without permission that's theft and the person committing the theft should have his nads attached to an aok tree with 2 rusty 16d nails.

Disclaimer: This post is not an invitation to debate or discuss the moral fabric of the society in which we live. Nothing more than my personal opinion of the taking without permission the property of another.

My condolences for your loss.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. I dont leave anything in my truck that i dont want stolen. I usually take my gun with me. IF you ever go to the movies on 71st in tulsa take a cab!! they break into everything there.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. I dont leave anything in my truck that i dont want stolen. I usually take my gun with me. IF you ever go to the movies on 71st in tulsa take a cab!! they break into everything there.

I've heard multiple times over the course of a year that the 71st st theater is really bad for getting broken into.

You'd think by now, the theater, the police, or some enterprising task force of pissed off victims would have solved that problem.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At malls and other large parking areas in major cities in Texas the police have these "cherry picker" esque things that are basically a mobile tree stand that they set up in the middle of parking lots. It gives them an elevated look over the whole parking lot. Seems like a great idea, I wonder why other large urban areas don't have similar setups.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting into pretty much any vehicle is easy. From a former life I own a set of tools that allow me to get into 99.99% of the cars on the road today. Stupid easy to use. I'd be in and out in a hurry and you would never know if I relocked the car when done.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At malls and other large parking areas in major cities in Texas the police have these "cherry picker" esque things that are basically a mobile tree stand that they set up in the middle of parking lots. It gives them an elevated look over the whole parking lot. Seems like a great idea, I wonder why other large urban areas don't have similar setups.

I noticed one of those cherry picker police stands at Penn Square Mall in OKC the other day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom