2 Marlin rifles followed me home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wanted a 39a for quite some time. Not a first priority but definitely on the list. I found one right inside the door at a gun show once, had a decent price and I decided to walk the show out and go back to buy it. I took a chance by doing so and it was gone.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wanted a 39a for quite some time. Not a first priority but definitely on the list. I found one right inside the door at a gun show once, had a decent price and I decided to walk the show out and go back to buy it. I took a chance by doing so and it was gone.

If you ever see one at a reasonable price, they usually don't last long!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Several years ago while at a gunshow in Shawnee I came upon a 39A reasonably priced and bought it without hesitation.

A few minutes later I saw another member of OSA carrying a Mountie he had just purchased at another table.

I was a bit jealous that he found the Mountie but I ended up having to sell mine anyway so it turned out okay. He probably still has his.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend came over and I took the big screw out of the side and made it come apart in 2 pieces.
Man this thing locks up tight..I like it and I would have to have at least 5 times what I paid for it :)

I will go shoot it tomorrow and shoot a few other 22 rifles and see which one is most accurate and decide what to do then. Keep or part with the .22 rifles I have.
I am all about accuracy and reliability.
Not so much what it is. Except for 1 gill gun that was my grandfathers.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I know Jeff, he picked it up for a couple bars of ‘Mary had a little lamb’!

A friend came over and I took the big screw out of the side and made it come apart in 2 pieces.
Man this thing locks up tight..I like it and I would have to have at least 5 times what I paid for it :)

I will go shoot it tomorrow and shoot a few other 22 rifles and see which one is most accurate and decide what to do then. Keep or part with the .22 rifles I have.
I am all about accuracy and reliability.
Not so much what it is. Except for 1 gill gun that was my grandfathers.
When I put these two quotes together and what I've learned about you @swampratt , 5 times what you paid is probably still a reasonable price!
Lmao!

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ever see one at a reasonable price, they usually don't last long!

Several years ago while at a gunshow in Shawnee I came upon a 39A reasonably priced and bought it without hesitation.

A few minutes later I saw another member of OSA carrying a Mountie he had just purchased at another table.

I was a bit jealous that he found the Mountie but I ended up having to sell mine anyway so it turned out okay. He probably still has his.
I believe the price was $575. I've regretted not buying it every time I think about a 39a. I just really hate buying the first thing I see when I walk in the door.