2 Marlin rifles followed me home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
chazroz I think for $600 I would rather have an 18" heavy barrel savage rifle that was a center fire.

Catt57 I got the Gill Gun out yesterday and I will show you what it looks like when finished. It will be a bit though.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
78C67F97-82DB-4D8B-A3EE-AD71A2D4693B.jpeg

I only have a couple things that I consider sentimental. Dad’s 39a means more to me than any other material possession I own. I need to take it out more often. I’m in a struggle, I do not like the scope he has on it. I would prefer no scope. I don’t know if I leave it as dad left it, or change it to where I would want it. I know he’d tell me to do whatever makes me happy but I think there is something about leaving it the way it was left..... don’t know.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad’s 39a means more to me than any other material possession I own

Very nice.
The way I see it is you owe it to yourself to make it the way you want it just as your dad made it the way he wanted it.
If you pull the scope then set the scope on the shelf in the gun room or on a shelf in a reloading room maybe next to the scale and have a picture of your dad beside it.
Then scope the gun the way you want it.. or no scope.

priority right now is setting up an AR or three with plenty of mags and ammo

I have 2 AR's one I built for myself 80% lower and one I built for the wife same way but powder coated bubble gum pink.
They are both excellent shooters.

These 2 rifles I got I did go shoot them today and tried a few different kinds of ammo.
The rifles shoot good but do not get the accuracy of my current .22 rifle.
I did use a scope on them.. just swapped the scope from rifle to rifle so same scope on all except the new 10-22 I got also when academy had them on sale.
I used the simmons off the savage 6.5 creedmoor on that gun as it's rail was wider than the other .22 rifles.

That Ruger 10-22 shot great but not quite as tight of groups as my old .22 which is something
I have never seen until i got one it is a Squires Bingham .22 and looks like an M16. If other .22 rifles can't outshoot that $50 dollar gun i do not need them.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wanted a 39a for quite some time. Not a first priority but definitely on the list. I found one right inside the door at a gun show once, had a decent price and I decided to walk the show out and go back to buy it. I took a chance by doing so and it was gone.
First rule of gun shows: If you find what you want at a price you can afford, buy it right then because it won't be there when you get back. My brother wanted a second barrel for our late father's Browning Sweet 16. We found a cherry vent rib barrel with a modified choke at a price that could be considered theft at the Wanenmacher Arms Show in Tulsa. I argued that he should buy it right then. He didn't. It was gone 5 hours later when we came back.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
First rule of gun shows: If you find what you want at a price you can afford, buy it right then because it won't be there when you get back. My brother wanted a second barrel for our late father's Browning Sweet 16. We found a cherry vent rib barrel with a modified choke at a price that could be considered theft at the Wanenmacher Arms Show in Tulsa. I argued that he should buy it right then. He didn't. It was gone 5 hours later when we came back.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I’ve walked around the island before, and made an ATM run, but I wouldn’t leave a sweet deal for long!