2012/2013 Fur Pic Thread.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In layman's terms, a morph is a specific coloring of plumage in a species. So they aren't different sub species, they are the same species, they just have a different plumage and they have it throughout life. The best example I could give is like when a lab gives birth to pups and there are black, yellow, and chocolate colored pups. They don't change colors at any time but they are the same as their siblings. There are actually several different morphs for red-tails but in Oklahoma we most commonly see Krider's and Harlan's.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In layman's terms, a morph is a specific coloring of plumage in a species. So they aren't different sub species, they are the same species, they just have a different plumage and they have it throughout life. The best example I could give is like when a lab gives birth to pups and there are black, yellow, and chocolate colored pups. They don't change colors at any time but they are the same as their siblings. There are actually several different morphs for red-tails but in Oklahoma we most commonly see Krider's and Harlan's.

hey thanks for that info never knew that i thought redtail hawks all looked the same learn something new everyday

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went pig hunting last week. Caught this sow in a under pass under the turnpike.
[Broken External Image]

Shot this pig of a coyote last week also.
i887.photobucket.com_albums_ac80_jessecampbell_2010_15252DF3_86370f374274c1eaf961b5cb96da4c67b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom