2012/2013 Fur Pic Thread.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice cat Preacherman, alway's have to one up me! Or by six pounds anyway, just kidding you, did you call him in?
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_46363_1359590241708.jpg

Caught the beast of a boar coon that most likely wrecked my cage the other night as well.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Actually I sat on a stand by a creek for many, many, many hours. I am saving up to stuff this guy. I re-weighed him and he is actually ranged from 34.2 - 34.8.lbs. I think I will take him to a vet, no not to fix him but weight him.

Attachments

• DSCN0250.jpg
    DSCN0250.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0249.jpg
    DSCN0249.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0247.jpg
    DSCN0247.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is both exciting and discouraging to read through. I went coyote calling for the first time today, we went out to Lexington WMA and my BIL was doing the calling, a rabbit distress mouth call. We saw several does while we were out but not a single dog. Might have been the weather because aside from the deer we scared up nothing was moving; didn't see a rabbit, squirrel, even birds were few and far between. I definitely want to try again so, for you veteran predator hunters... as a total newb should I look into an electronic call if I want to keep at this or should I work on learning some mouth calls? Opinions?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is both exciting and discouraging to read through. I went coyote calling for the first time today, we went out to Lexington WMA and my BIL was doing the calling, a rabbit distress mouth call. We saw several does while we were out but not a single dog. Might have been the weather because aside from the deer we scared up nothing was moving; didn't see a rabbit, squirrel, even birds were few and far between. I definitely want to try again so, for you veteran predator hunters... as a total newb should I look into an electronic call if I want to keep at this or should I work on learning some mouth calls? Opinions?
mouth. Everybody uses electronic. You can sound different with a mouth call.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_cat_1_zpsb86947b4.jpg

If I could just keep the dang hawks out of my traps maybe I could catch more cats this year.

I think I have released over 10 hawks this winter so far. Some, the bait is eaten whole while other times not even touched. A few times I have seen a second hawk sitting right next to the trap giving his buddy moral support (or slipping him a shiv or sawblade). I think I have caught around 3 different species thus far with red tail the predominant one.

The funny part is the things they do when you try to get them out. I opened this one up and he goes supine.
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_hawk_zps773771f9.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom