2012 Dove Hunter Survey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Received in the mail today. Said it was delayed from last season for whatever reason. Looks like any other survey from the Feds, lots of steel shot questions though. Some are too funny. I think the doves I shoot have a better chance of picking up grain treated with malathion at a grain elevator that picking up lead shot somewhere.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steel is required on WMA where duck / goose are present / hunted.

Add a new column on the survey "BS" and use it for all of those questions.

Falls under the same logic as "we must do it for the children (animals/birds)". Just gubiment intervention, driving up cost, enacting dubious and complicated regulations. No need to outlaw guns, just keep driving up cost, adding paperwork, and needless regulation. People will just stop hunting / shooting.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know people that dove hunting is about the only hunting they can really afford already. Sad times ahead for the little man yet again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "scientific studies" that purportedly showed ducks dying of lead poisioning by injesting pellets has been suspect from the start, but nobody every really spent the money to put up counter studies.

I'm sure some junk science by the "global warming" crowd with false data will be used to push this through as well.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If they make us start shooting steel at doves my dove hunting days are over.

I shoot a 50's Belgium 20 at doves, and that's the only reason I go, so I can shoot that gun.

Ok.... I am not "for" any additional Gov. regulation, but I have been seeing a lot of steel shot that is $5 a box like regular cheap shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom