2012 youth deer hunt post pic's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my grandson and his first buck . Shot his buck at 7:40 am,Friday at about 30 yards with his browning micro medallon in 7mm-08 ,and yes I'm proud .

i698.photobucket.com_albums_vv341_two_click_Photo511.jpg

i698.photobucket.com_albums_vv341_two_click_Photo510.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to your grandson Two-Click. This is my niece, Camille's, first buck. She shot it last night with my .222 at 50 yards. My brother was with her and I was with her little sister. Brother said it donkey kicked and looked like she made a good shot. They had good blood for 200 yards and then lost the trail and could not find the deer. They went out this morning and found it on a neighbor's property about 200 yards from where the blood trail ended. Luckily the coyotes had not found it. He had made her wait on a good broadside shot but at the last second, after he gave her the go to shoot, the deer turned into them and she hit it just behind the shoulder but the bullet angled back and only got one lung before tearing up the stomach. My brother said this buck and another were chasing and sniffing does last night so the rut is about to get going!
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_CamilleBuck2012.jpg

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to your grandson Two-Click. This is my niece, Camille's, first buck. She shot it last night with my .222 at 50 yards. My brother was with her and I was with her little sister. Brother said it donkey kicked and looked like she made a good shot. They had good blood for 200 yards and then lost the trail and could not find the deer. They went out this morning and found it on a neighbor's property about 200 yards from where the blood trail ended. Luckily the coyotes had not found it. He had made her wait on a good broadside shot but at the last second, after he gave her the go to shoot, the deer turned into them and she hit it just behind the shoulder but the bullet angled back and only got one lung before tearing up the stomach. My brother said this buck and another were chasing and sniffing does last night so the rut is about to get going!
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_CamilleBuck2012.jpg

It will sure take some time to beat that buck!!!!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both my brother's other 2 daughters got bucks tonight. I had the baby with me. She is 8. We hunted yesterday morning and evening and never saw a deer. Went to the OSU Homecoming Parade this morning and didn't hunt. I spent several hours setting up my Ameristep blind and getting it brushed in as best I could with cedar limbs and then went and got her at 4. I spooked 2 does off the feeder when I set the blind up and Kelly and I spooked a buck along the creek walking in. We had a bobcat come by about 70 yrds and squeaked it up to about 20. She thought that was cool. Finally about 6:25 I looked out and saw antlers moving behind some brush. Kelly was on the ground playing solitaire on my phone and I told her there was a buck and to move quiet. The buck came to the feeder but did not like the blind and turned and went back into the brush. He came back and quickly left again and I was trying to find her a spot to shoot in an opening in the brush when a couple does walked in and he came in right behind them. I had her in my lap by then and the rifle out the window and she was lining up on the buck when the two does looked at the blind and bolted. The buck got nervous and took a couple steps to leave but stopped for one last look toward the blind and she shot. He did a big donkey kick and I was sure I could see blood on his side. I made her wait 10 minutes and we started looking. We found a very sparse blood trail and followed it about 125 yards when we started running out of light. We made a circle down through where he was headed as we were heading back to the truck to get a spotlight and walked up on him. 6 pt and she had made a great 50 yard shot right through the lungs with a .223 using Winchester Personal Defense HPs. Bullet did not exit but put a 2" hole through the lungs. He had made 200 yrds on a death run. She was one excited little girl and I was pretty excited myself.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_KellyBuckjpg.jpg

Here is the oldest girl, Julia's, buck. She is using a .270 now and shot hers from 150 yrds over by Pond Creek. Dropped him in his tracks. A fork horn. She has shot quite a few deer over the years. My brother's girls have yet to miss a shot at a turkey or deer. They hunt turkey with .410. My brother did say he is done with the .22 caliber deer rifles though. After the 200 yrd track tonight and Camille's big deer making 400 yrds with a one lung hit, he is going to get them set up with a .243 or .308 with a muzzle brake so he gets better blood trails. Julia took a friend deer hunting with them tonight and the friend says she wants to go now.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_JuliaBuckjpg.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job to all! I'm ready to take my kids when they get older; I seen a guy with his daughter today here in town that was hunting Black Kettle and gave him some places to try so she could get her first deer. Figure if you can't help someone like that you're getting too serious about things LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom