2012 youth deer hunt post pic's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job to all! I'm ready to take my kids when they get older; I seen a guy with his daughter today here in town that was hunting Black Kettle and gave him some places to try so she could get her first deer. Figure if you can't help someone like that you're getting too serious about things LOL
I'm always generous with the kids but with the adults...not as much. Good going trappercb.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother did say he is done with the .22 caliber deer rifles though. After the 200 yrd track tonight and Camille's big deer making 400 yrds with a one lung hit, he is going to get them set up with a .243 or .308 with a muzzle brake so he gets better blood trails.

I started both my boys out with a 223 which did fine for them, but I moved them up to a 270 as soon as they were big enough to handle the recoil. Limbsaver pads work wonders too.

Congrats again to the young hunters!!!

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know if you remember the young man we had a benefit shoot for at USSA named Trace McWhirt. He is still undergoing treatment but managed to get out and shoot this awesome looking buck!

[Broken External Image]

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thats awesome guys and gals! this would be my daughters last year to hunt the youth season but she had to work full-time hours this weekend. i think i'm more upset than she is... it sucks when they grow up. enjoy every minute of it.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I love seeing all these pics of the kids out there in the woods. A huge thank you to all the parents, grandparents, friends etc etc that take these kids out and get them involved in the outdoors! It's one less kid I have to worry about growing up and stealing my car or mugging me etc. My dad took me out from a very young age and taught me important lessons that I will never forget and can't wait to pass on to my little girl when she gets old enough. I am forever thankful for that and miss him every day. Killing a deer was just a bonus, it was all about the time spent and the lessons learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom