2014-2015 Waterfowl Guide (draft)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Every year in my survey, for the last 7 or 8 years, I add......... "Please combine zones 1 and 2, give us the same number of days, but let season finish on Jan 31st and just start it 81 days prior to. No split, no starting season at the end of October..........the number of birds here at that time, are not like they were 15 years ago. The last few seasons, the number of birds here in the last two weeks of January are incredible. Makes for some great pic opportunities.....but.....

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I fully agree. The numbers at the beginning of November are pretty low (in my area at least), but during the split we always get a tremendous push. Oh well, I doubt they'll change those regs anytime soon.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree. The split sucks and our lease was loaded up with ducks when the season ended earlier this year. Do you guys know what the purpose of the split is?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like I've heard before but can't recall.......... I know it's a federal regulation that they can't be hunted in February, and that we're given so many days, and then those days are set by the ODWC IIRC.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie is correct. We have "x" number of days to shoot waterfowl each year and they have To happen in a certain time frame. We legally hunt as late as we can into the new year. Technically we could hunt the days straight and not have a split and the season just starts two weeks later. I personally would prefer that the split happened at the same time as rifle season to rid the conflict that always a happens between deer hunters and duck hunters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom