2014 Turkey.....let the pics begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice birds gentlemen. I walked my butt off at kaw yesterday. I HATE field turkeys with a vengeance!!! Had a strutter in a field early in the morning but he had 5 hens. Tried to tick the hens off but they wouldnt work. I watched them for over 2 hrs. no way to stalk. maddening. Saw some other in the fields but got tired of chasing them from field to field real quick. All with hens!!!! Makes you really appreciate it when one runs in and dies real quick. Headed to Nemaha county Kansas in about 10 days with my 8 yr old boy. Maybe i can bust two there...

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a little late but thought I would get it posted now that I have a rainy day stuck inside.
We live in NE ok and currently have no where to turkey hunt in Ok. I purchased Kansas tags and have been hunting public land (that is a whole thread of frustration by itself) but I wanted to get my wife a better chance at a bird so we got her Missouri tags and a buddy with some private land agreed to help us out.

Morning of the hunt we snuck in on the northside of a small patch of timber. My buddy had been hunting these birds from the south all week and every morning they had went north on him. So we place two hen decoys in edge of the north pasture and settled in. The idea was for my wife and buddy to double up when the 4 birds came walking down the fence row. They gobbled on roost just like they should and then wouldn't you know it flew south.....always happens that way. Luckily one bird came north and in just a few minutes of light calling he came strutting up the fence line. Now being the great guy he is, he let my wife shoot her first big turkey (only jakes until now). this bird strutted to about 10 steps and she let him have a 3.5" right in the neck,he dropped like a sack of potatoes and never twitched. Very proud of her and appreciative of good friends. They went back out last weekend but a coyote ruined that trip.

9.25" beard 7/8" spurs and 20 lbs

I am prostaffing for a little operation and naturesvoicegamecalls.com is one of our sponsors. Hence the pictures being what they are, great turkey calls btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom