2014 Turkey.....let the pics begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made a trip to Riley County, Ks this past weekend. I got these two birds at 9:00am the first morning. Both birds were walking together. Shot the first bird (left) at 30 yards and plugged the second at 40 yards on a full run. I use a 835 with SSX choke. 3.5" win longbeards #5's. Bird in the left has 9 7/8" beard and the one in the right has 9 1/2" beard.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_23_e2e9utep.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_23_sube8e3y.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Completely understand. I used to hunt in western Oklahoma for a couple of days and always did the sleep in the truck thing. It was rough, but being out there all alone made it worth it. I turn 40 this year and can barely bring myself to do it any longer. Never gotten up too early or driven too far to go hunting. It is a reward in itself.

You old fart.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to double up down deep! Wow, I suck at turkey hunting! And cry me a river Roosta, " I'll be forty this year, I'm old , I can't get up early" lol.... I'm forty something.....I get up early, I sleep in the truck or on the ground or in the blind or stand, get hooked up man, get off that 5000 acre paradise you could practically walk to and join us common men hunting on our 160 or on public ground.....lol, seriously I'm just kiddin man, I've hunted with you and your full of shizzle, you damn near walked my legs off, hunted dark to dark, he's an outdoorsman no doubt, spoiled for sure, but no less an outdoorsman

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to double up down deep! Wow, I suck at turkey hunting! And cry me a river Roosta, " I'll be forty this year, I'm old , I can't get up early" lol.... I'm forty something.....I get up early, I sleep in the truck or on the ground or in the blind or stand, get hooked up man, get off that 5000 acre paradise you could practically walk to and join us common men hunting on our 160 or on public ground.....lol, seriously I'm just kiddin man, I've hunted with you and your full of shizzle, you damn near walked my legs off, hunted dark to dark, he's an outdoorsman no doubt, spoiled for sure, but no less an outdoorsman

Yeah, I am quite fortunate, to say the least. I count those blessings every day I drive in the gate!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only been out a few times this season. Recovering from surgery earlier in the year(which is a whole different post/thread) this was just the third time out for me.

Got out this morning to a favorite spot of mine and took advantage of what I like to call an early morning BK value with a two for one. A couple more public land birds laid down. They did exactly what we all love to see them do. Came hauling in from a long ways off. Mad at the world. Two year old birds, I couldn't pass up the chance to take two with one shot. I have never done that.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_24_edyqamev.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom