2014 Whitetailed Deer Field Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wait you two, your time is coming when you have more on your plate than you can come close to managing. You will not be able to keep stuff straight. At least I am still here to keep everyone entertained :goodmorning: LOL

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, good info Deer slayer....thanks for sharing it, however, I hate to hear that my plan to plant cowpeas this summer is not going to work out unless I invest in enough electric fencing to keep the deer out while the plots get established. That is going to be somewhat cost prohibitive, I might just pass on the summer food plots.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, good info Deer slayer....thanks for sharing it, however, I hate to hear that my plan to plant cowpeas this summer is not going to work out unless I invest in enough electric fencing to keep the deer out while the plots get established. That is going to be somewhat cost prohibitive, I might just pass on the summer food plots.

Hmm. Could try and keep deer scared off for about 14 days after first sprouts and the plants should be passed the 3 leaf stage. Its risky but the benefit would be worth it.

But I am afraid the hogs will be your biggest problem. Those lil dozers will root up the seed before it sprouts.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm. Could try and keep deer scared off for about 14 days after first sprouts and the plants should be passed the 3 leaf stage. Its risky but the benefit would be worth it.

But I am afraid the hogs will be your biggest problem. Those lil dozers will root up the seed before it sprouts.

I know a guy on OSA who can help you out with the hogs........I'll PM you his number........it will probably go straight to voice mail though.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will start a new thread inviting everyone from OSA and all their friends and all their friend's relatives to come to sticky's lease, bring all the guns and ammo you can carry for a free hog hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom