2014 Whitetailed Deer Field Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saturday March 2, 2014 is the 9th Annual Whitetailed Deer Field Day put on by Dr, James Kroll, Ben H. Koerth, John Butler, Owner of Buck Forage Oats, and Dr. Larry Redmon. The program contains 2 -2 hour guided Education/Demonstration Tours, lunch and discussion, a Prescibed Fire Demonstration and concluded with a final round of discussion. The tour topics are : 1) Landscaping for Whitetails 2) Managing native forage and forests 3) Food Plot strategies that work 4) Improving and providing mast 5) Supplemental feedings, feeders and minerals 6) Electric fencing for deer 7) Cover development 8) Artificial water source development 9) Culling and genetics and 10) Frustrating a deer's senses.

The one day program costs $75.00/person or $50.00/person if you travel in my group. The program will be in Nacogdoches, Texas. The Best Western Northpark Inn is closest to the research facility. If anyone is interested in traveling withe me and sharing expenses then let me know ASAP. Space is limited and there are only a few places left. If you want to learn more about whitetails and their management then this is a rare opportunity to meet several of the leaders in the industry. I will leave Friday morning and return on Sunday. Please send me a PM if you are seriously interested as I will need to get you registered.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it, I hate to miss this.....sounds like some great info will be presented. I expect a full run down, presentation of what you learn at the seminar. I'll buy the beer.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot believe there is no interest in going to a seminar in which you will learn more in one day than a lifetime of fumbling trying to plant something that will attract deer PLUS learn from one of America's premier deer biologist.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be interested, once February is over, I've got things planned for almost every weekend until harvest is over............end of June sometime? Lol:screwy:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it wasn't 3 days, it would be easier to swing. I know a good portion of planting food plots and what to plant and how to plant. Unfortunately the biggest factor is something, I can't change. RAIN!

I am sure I would learn a lot and would gain a lot of good information. When you combine that much knowledge together in one place, a lot can be learned.

Thank you for the invite.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bassin,Sticky and Okie4570 may need to have a summit at the compound with beer and Hoddy burgers for a review of my weekend. The 8th of March is going to be there last weekend I am going to have available. Blue cats need to be jugged, crappie need to have their lips ripped, sandies need to be jerked and big momma bass need to be caught, measured and released.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can get most, if not all, of that (similar) information from the Noble Foundation in Ardmore. I think they will even do a seminar for a group at no charge. They have no vested interest in promoting a brand or specific product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom