2016 Deer Harvest Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
No kidding... I was thinking 200+ lbs was a damn big buck for Oklahoma. I haven't been around hunting in many years, but that's a damn good one! Congrats!

It's very common in this corner of the state for mature bucks to make it over the 200lb mark. Laying around in soybeans, alfalfa, corn and milo all summer puts the pounds on. Being close to KS genetics doesn't hurt either.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Okie4570 what did you score that guy at...just curious? How old would you guess?

that guy is nuts! In central ok we might get a 170 lbs buck on occasion on the hoof. that looks like a horse in comparison.

We got to go on a youth hunt this weekend in se ok, and saw a few good bucks killed but all had doe sized bodies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice buck! Got mine with a savage as well! Love those smokeless frontstuffers!

The flints and caps are fun, but the smokeless is awesome, I agree.

@Okie4570 what did you score that guy at...just curious? How old would you guess?

that guy is nuts! In central ok we might get a 170 lbs buck on occasion on the hoof. that looks like a horse in comparison.

We got to go on a youth hunt this weekend in se ok, and saw a few good bucks killed but all had doe sized bodies.

Haven't scored it yet, still haven't figured out yet if the last point on the left side is an abnormal point, or main beam or what. 6.5yo is what the taxidermists said based on jaw, and also what I thought based on body and pics of watching him for the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom