2016 Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we get a good rain like they are predicting the odds of finding them go way up. We've had good luck on sandy soil (aka river banks that have decaying wood). Just my two cents.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ I know some guys who eat reds too with no issues as well, and are the only variety of false I've seen around here, and only twice at that.

I don't eat any of them, red or morels. I do love scouring the woods for them though. It's just a great time to be outdoors.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha.... so then I understand why you hunt them. I've never had 'em, I wanna find some and try 'em out. See if it's worth the time and effort. :D

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ I know some guys who eat reds too with no issues as well, and are the only variety of false I've seen around here, and only twice at that.
I've heard of people eating them with no problems and then I've heard the opposite. I don't wanna chance it. Plus, the morels I find usually outnumber the false ones 20 to 1.

Eggwash, dipped in breadcrumbs and fried seems to be a standard. I've had good luck washing them, breading them and freezing them. When ready to use, don't thaw out, just place in hot oil.

How do you folks eat them?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard of people eating them with no problems and then I've heard the opposite. I don't wanna chance it. Plus, the morels I find usually outnumber the false ones 20 to 1.

Eggwash, dipped in breadcrumbs and fried seems to be a standard. I've had good luck washing them, breading them and freezing them. When ready to use, don't thaw out, just place in hot oil.

How do you folks eat them?
washed and baked at 400 for 10 min. Taste like little steaks! nom nom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom