2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a bunch this morning. Actually excited to duck hunt in the morning. More birds on that pond right now than I've seen on all my ponds together for the last three years combined lol.
I will be up early, ready to go. I can't believe it is back around to season again.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be up early, ready to go. I can't believe it is back around to season again.
If you’re heading out on Ellsworth, be careful because it is very low. I did some scouting yesterday, and one of my favorite spots is completely dry. I wasn’t expecting to see a mud hole.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy called a few minutes ago and said he went by our pond about and hour ago and there was probably 2 dozen or so ducks on it that have materialized just in the past couple of days.

We'd already planned on missing this weekend and he's got plans for next Sat. so unless something unforeseen comes up we're going to go next Sunday the 19th.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Most pintails I've ever seen. Made it hard to hunt, none had sprigs, it was cloudy except for about a ten minute stretch and just had to look for long necks. Lots teal, a few gads and mallards. Good to see feathers on the water again.
20231111_075548.jpg
20231111_071333.jpg
20231111_071326.jpg

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great to see Okie! Water is up from last year at our place so I'm hoping to have a good season again. Last year we had great hunts with widgeon limits, a nice redhead here and there, GWT, and more widgeon.

Didn't see a single goose last season and that surprised me.

Also kinda hoping all these doves stick around to Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom