2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy called a few minutes ago and said he went by our pond about and hour ago and there was probably 2 dozen or so ducks on it that have materialized just in the past couple of days.

We'd already planned on missing this weekend and he's got plans for next Sat. so unless something unforeseen comes up we're going to go next Sunday the 19th.
With a 80% chance of rain on Sunday my buddy and I mutually agreed to hold off going another week.....even with the brief split the season isn't over till Jan. 28th so we've still got plenty of time.

Okla. waterfowl season;

Nov. 11, 2023 thru Nov. 26, 2023

Dec. 2, 2023 thru Jan. 28, 2024.

4w.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son just called to see what’s been showing up on the cameras, and he said if deer hunting is bad he might duck hunt. Judging by the refuge count this week, I don’t think duck hunting will be too productive either.

Weekly Waterfowl Survey: 8,574 Ducks, 19,693 Geese, 60,841 Sandhill Cranes, 11 Eagles and 6 Whooping Cranes.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed a grand total of one ring-necked duck on Sunday morning. This time last year I was up to my ears in widgeon.

Yesterday checked on things while deer hunting, saw 3 ring necks and 3 widegon on our two ponds.

Saw several hundred Sandhills flying over us.

Not sure this is going to be a great 2nd half, hasn't been for several years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom