2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend and co-worker shot his first whitetail deer this evening. He's from Oregon where he has taken blacktail deer before. Now living in Oklahoma, he's been looking forward to a whitetail. His pack of six daughters helped him track a 70 yard blood trail right to it. One of my favorite deer success pics ever!
IMG_20241003_223640.jpg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend and co-worker shot his first whitetail deer this evening. He's from Oregon where he has taken blacktail deer before. Now living in Oklahoma, he's been looking forward to a whitetail. His pack of six daughters helped him track a 70 yard blood trail right to it. One of my favorite deer success pics ever!
View attachment 516469
I would sure love to have that kind of help on a tracking. Looks like they all had a great time.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m back in the land of internet and cell service and may make a full report of my adventures from the week, but for now, I’ll just share what culminated yesterday evening.
17 points with a rough gross score of 176.25”, and I forgot my scale but estimate from past experience that he weighed 250-275# live.
IMG_1324.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m back in the land of internet and cell service and may make a full report of my adventures from the week, but for now, I’ll just share what culminated yesterday evening.
17 points with a rough gross score of 176.25”, and I forgot my scale but estimate from past experience that he weighed 250-275# live.
View attachment 516802
Holy crap! What a beast! Congrats!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@retrieverman , was that a deer you had an eye on or was he cruising new turf?
We’ve had a couple new deer this week that we only got a pic or two of. I think they moved on. They were nothing to get excited about but our cams have slowed way down other than the pass through deer.
@dlbleak
This buck showed up on September 25th and hung around, but we couldn’t seem to be in the same place at the same time until yesterday evening.
Since Monday evening, I’ve only been able to check my cameras with my phone, because evidently my cellular iPad doesn’t have the same cellular capabilities as my phone. That being said, my focus has been on trying to keep up with one buck, and I couldn’t tell you if new bucks have been moving through or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom