2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m debating about coming up to fill feeders, because I know the protein feeders and one corn feeder are getting low. I do have some personal business in Cherokee that needs to be tended to eventually but isn’t urgent, and it’s hard to justify the drive just for that and to fill feeders for deer no one is going to hunt….except the neighbors.

In my case, ODWC has screwed up by jacking license prices, because I’d normally at least buy a $300 muzzleloader or rifle license (sometimes both) along with my archery. With the increase to $500 each, unless a booner shows up that I don’t think I can kill with a crossbow, those bastards aren’t getting another dime from me this year.🖕🏻

BearSitsInTheWoods

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m debating about coming up to fill feeders, because I know the protein feeders and one corn feeder are getting low. I do have some personal business in Cherokee that needs to be tended to eventually but isn’t urgent, and it’s hard to justify the drive just for that and to fill feeders for deer no one is going to hunt….except the neighbors.

In my case, ODWC has screwed up by jacking license prices, because I’d normally at least buy a $300 muzzleloader or rifle license (sometimes both) along with my archery. With the increase to $500 each, unless a booner shows up that I don’t think I can kill with a crossbow, those bastards aren’t getting another dime from me this year.🖕🏻
You aren’t an out of stater when the property taxes come due, I think folks in your situation really got screwed.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You aren’t an out of stater when the property taxes come due, I think folks in your situation really got screwed.
I’ve spent $874 this year on licenses to hunt and fish my own place and more than likely only kill one buck and a turkey. I haven’t kept a single fish out of the river this year, and though I do buy the needed licenses for duck hunting, I almost never hunt.
I’ve got two choices. Sell out or suck it up and pay to play. I’m not ready to sell yet, but that day might be coming. Five years ago, I didn’t think twice about jumping in the truck and driving the 500 miles up there, but I’ve started dreading it.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve spent $874 this year on licenses to hunt and fish my own place and more than likely only kill one buck and a turkey. I haven’t kept a single fish out of the river this year, and though I do buy the needed licenses for duck hunting, I almost never hunt.
I’ve got two choices. Sell out or suck it up and pay to play. I’m not ready to sell yet, but that day might be coming. Five years ago, I didn’t think twice about jumping in the truck and driving the 500 miles up there, but I’ve started dreading it.
$875 with a 170+" deer under your belt this year, and several in years past. bruh lol
hard to feel sorry for you lol

some of us may NEVER get an opportunity to even hunt a deer of that caliber, much less kill one. that drive would be brutal though! BUT not if i was driving home with a 3 beam'd buck :)

count your blessings!

BearSitsInTheWoods

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is pretty ridiculous to hunt YOUR OWN PROPERTY. You are paying taxes on this land but getting screwed when you choose to use it I just can’t wrap my head around it. If this was a lease I could support the idea of an out of state license costing so much more but I think for folks in your situation you are just getting bent over.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is pretty ridiculous to hunt YOUR OWN PROPERTY. You are paying taxes on this land but getting screwed when you choose to use it I just can’t wrap my head around it. If this was a lease I could support the idea of an out of state license costing so much more but I think for folks in your situation you are just getting bent over.
that is true!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$875 with a 170+" deer under your belt this year, and several in years past. bruh lol
hard to feel sorry for you lol

some of us may NEVER get an opportunity to even hunt a deer of that caliber, much less kill one. that drive would be brutal though! BUT not if i was driving home with a 3 beam'd buck :)

count your blessings!
Yeah, I get it, but it could’ve just as easy have been and looked like it was going to be like last year with me not killing anything. I’ve rode the roller coaster for 20 years and taken the good with the bad.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just some that was hitting the corn earlier this month
1729014765692.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom