2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Activity around my place seems pretty much the same other than bachelor groups breaking up. It appears some bucks have left, but there’s a few new dinks moving through.

I’m still trying to justify the drive up just to fill feeders, because there’s nothing on camera that makes me want to get in a stand. My wife is starting to think something is wrong with me.
I haven't been yet lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is story behind this hunt is a little funny. JM had passed on this buck 10 days earlier. I'm like, really? Are you sure? Why? He said it was not the buck that he wanted. Okay, so I let it ride until the weekend. I reminded him that he can harvest 2 bucks so get a good buck on the ground and then wait on the one that you want. I also reminded him that we may not ever see either buck again. Well, when he saw this one again, he put it down. He didn't make the best shot, but it didn't go far. Since this was a school day, he had permission to come in late. I got him to school with two minutes to spare. He harvested his first one last year with a muzzle loader. He had never shot a ML before. He got this one with a crossbow. Now, he needs to get one with a rifle. Not bad for a 11-year-old. Take a kid hunting!!!!!

View attachment 520890
Most awesome! Please pass on congrats to the young hunter that has earned that title and you for taking him!

Latest posts

Top Bottom