2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use the one that fits your schedule. Lol
giphy.gif

🤣 🤣

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll give y’all my honest thoughts on the solunar table, and it really doesn’t matter to me whether you buy into it or not.
Living 500 miles away from my hunting land and not having the financial ability to spend all of hunting season up there, I have to use the resources I have available to plan my trips to hunt. Patterning bucks using cellular game cameras and the solunar table are what has produced the best and most consistent results, but neither is an exact science. However, if I have a choice between coming up on a weekend of 1 star days when peak movement shows to be mainly at night or 3-4 star days when movement is supposed to be in the daylight, well, that’s a no brainer.
In 20 seasons hunting up there and using these resources, I’ve killed a couple 130 class bucks, a couple 140 class, six 150 class, two 160 class, four 170 class, and a 180 class.
I’ll edit to add that hunting on private land where I have total control and am basically the only one hunting helps increase my odds of success, and I have a wife that understands and supports my love for deer hunting.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll give y’all my honest thoughts on the solunar table, and it really doesn’t matter to me whether you buy into it or not.
Living 500 miles away from my hunting land and not having the financial ability to spend all of hunting season up there, I have to use the resources I have available to plan my trips to hunt. Patterning bucks using cellular game cameras and the solunar table are what has produced the best and most consistent results, but neither is an exact science. However, if I have a choice between coming up on a weekend of 1 star days when peak movement shows to be mainly at night or 3-4 star days when movement is supposed to be in the daylight, well, that’s a no brainer.
In 20 seasons hunting up there and using these resources, I’ve killed a couple 130 class bucks, a couple 140 class, six 150 class, two 160 class, four 170 class, and a 180 class.
I’ll edit to add that hunting on private land where I have total control and am basically the only one hunting helps increase my odds of success, and I have a wife that understands and supports my love for deer hunting.
Private ground and having neighbors in the same mindset have put a lot of good bucks on my wall as well.
We always get surprised though when a public hunter posts a giant. When rut hits, there is no telling where the big guys will travel in search of love.

Latest posts

Top Bottom