.22 'Tactical' Semi Auto Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next gun I plan to purchase is going to be a .22 semi-auto in some sort of 'tactical' trim. I'm looking at the following four rifles:

M&P 15-22

Rugar SR-22

GSG-5

Umarex/Colt M4-22

I've shot the M&P and like it. I've heard good things about the GSG-5 and bad things about the Umarex. I've heard nothing about the Ruger.

Please, if you own one of the above I'd like to hear your -real world- opinions and experiences with that rifle. If you have another suggestion I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you looked at the sig 522? They can be had from 350-450 new maybe cheaper if you find a good deal, mine shoots amazingly and has yet to hiccup on me one bit. *knock on wood*

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a M&P 15-22 and really liked it. I have the Ruger SR-22 now and love it. Now that Ruger has the factory 25rd mags, it is going to be even better. I have always loved the 10-22s before the SR-22 came out.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Click here please,,,

The Mossberg rifle is based on the 702 Plinkster action,,,
I don't have the tactical model but have had over 5,000 rounds of trouble free shooting with my Plinkster.

A few months back the American Rifleman did a big test on several AR style 22 rifles,,,
They didn't give the Mossberg a raving review but didn't give it a bad review either.,,,
I found it strange that they admitted it shot as well as any of the others they tested for the article.

I guess Mossberg didn't buy enough advertising space from them that month.

I'm not saying the Mossberg is the best of the lot,,,
I'm simply advising that you at least give it a look-see before buying,,,
It's certainly the least expensive of the AR style .22's and it's based on a nice action.

Just my humble opinion,,,

Aarond

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the CMMG .22 upper and it runs great so far. Over 1000 rds through it so far.
That being said, if you have kids I would get the S&W because the mags are easier to load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom