.22 'Tactical' Semi Auto Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids and I really enjoy my 15/22 but I just don't think you'd go wrong with any of the ones you listed.

Click here please,,,

The Mossberg rifle is based on the 702 Plinkster action,,,
I don't have the tactical model but have had over 5,000 rounds of trouble free shooting with my Plinkster.

A few months back the American Rifleman did a big test on several AR style 22 rifles,,,
They didn't give the Mossberg a raving review but didn't give it a bad review either.,,,
I found it strange that they admitted it shot as well as any of the others they tested for the article.

I guess Mossberg didn't buy enough advertising space from them that month.

I'm not saying the Mossberg is the best of the lot,,,
I'm simply advising that you at least give it a look-see before buying,,,
It's certainly the least expensive of the AR style .22's and it's based on a nice action.

Just my humble opinion,,,

Aarond

Out of curiosity, what's the MSRP on the Mossberg?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it is not one of the more common, but I have an old pps-50 that is a blast as well. You can still find them at gun shows, and Puma makes a new version.

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had lots of fun shooting a GSG 5 carbine in the Oil Capital rifle matches, very accuate! I also have shot a Umarex Colt with good luck there also. The Umarex Colt did need some "tuning" to iron out some of the rough spots. The magazines will not drop free. I have a HK 416-22 that is also a Umarex/Walther made and it is by far the best in my eyes. The mags drop free, and the look, fit, and feel is better than the Umarex Colt. I have shot aprox, 2000 rounds throught it and no FTF or FTE yet. The HK uses the same magazines as the Colt. All of the 22's are difficult to clean fully. Shot the USSA rifle match Sunday with the HK and was very pleased. I did a full take down and clean of the HK, while I had the trigger group out I polished and cleaned the rough edges on the fire control parts for a smoother trigger action. I have not shot it since but will try and make the oil capital rifle match in the morning.

John

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My sig is as accurate or possibly more than my wifes 10/22. I have had zero problems with the gun no FTF/FTE ever. Mags feed great and slide in and out easily. If anyone ever wants to shoot one before you buy just shoot me a PM and Ive got no problem letting someone put some rounds through mine.

ai170.photobucket.com_albums_u276_dowmace_IMG_20110312_205815.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my MP 15-22. I have about 350 rds through it. I did some 100 yd shooting from the bench today and was pleased with the results using only a red dot scope. Had about 1 FTF error every 100 rds but I thinks it is user error.

Latest posts

Top Bottom